download printable pdf
PAN AMERICAN CENTER
NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
BOX 30001, MSC 3SE
1810 EAST UNIVERSITY
CORNER OF ARROWHEAD AND STEWART
LAS CRUCES, NM 88003
ADMINISTRATION: 575-646-4413 FAX: 575-646-3605
TICKET OFFICE: 575-646-1420 FAX: 575-646-7882
PRODUCTION: 575-646-7516 FAX: 575-646-3605
ARENA DIMENSIONS AND DESCRIPTION:
149’ x 100’ (bleachers retracted), 110’ x 67’ (bleachers extended)
20,000 square feet of concourse space
Height from the floor to the ceiling beams is 58 feet.
The shape of the seating area is octagonal.
ARENA SEATING CAPACITY
Concert “In the round” 12,970
Concert (end stage) 360° 12,664 view drawing
Concert (end stage) 300° 12,030
Concert (end stage) 260° 10,436
Concert (end stage) 240° 10,048
Concert (end stage) 230° 9,683
Concert (end stage) 180° 8,382 view drawing
Concert (end stage) 160° 7,201 view drawing
Concert (end stage) 360° 13,140
Concert (end stage) 300° 12,506
Concert (end stage) 260° 11,336
Concert (end stage) 240° 10,524
Concert (end stage) 230° 10,159
Concert (end stage) 180° 8,858 view drawing
Concert (end stage) 160° 7,677 view drawing
Theatrical with proscenium 3,908
These seating configurations include “kills” for a 60’ x 40’ stage, spotlights, and an 18’x 16’ mix position.
Curtains may be used to accommodate smaller productions and theatricals.
The Pan American Center is equipped with two service accesses:
- EAST SIDE: This access to the arena floor faces East on Payne Street (down a tunnel 287 feet 6 inches long). The equipment passes through an opening on the floor level of 9’6” high and 9’ wide. Equipment travels down the tunnel by trailers, tow tractors (i.e. Airport tugs) and forklift.
- WEST SIDE: This second entrance is on the concourse level on the West side of the building. This entrance is 7’5” high and 9’1” wide.
STAGE / FLOOR:
The arena is equipped with:
- 1,120 square feet of SICO “Roll & Set” and “Fold & Set” staging with height adjustments of 48”, 56”, and 64”. This staging comes in 8’ x 8’ and 4’ x 8’ sections and can make a stage the size of 28’ x 40’.
- 800 square feet of SICO “Fold & Set” staging with height adjustments of 36”, 48”, and 56”. This staging comes in 4’ x 8’ sections and can make a stage the size of 20’ x 40’.
Additional equipment can be rented to complete larger staging size needs.
- 10 pieces of 6’ x 8’ SICO portable staging with height adjustments of 16” and 24”.
2- 600 amp, 3f, 120/208 Volt services (up-stage left) within 50 ft. of up-stage center
2- 400 amp, 3f, 120/208 Volt services (up-stage left) within 50 ft. of up-stage center
The low rigging steel is 58’ above the arena floor and the beams are 30’ apart on center. The beams go from east to west, which is stage right to stage left in the normal concert configuration. There are no obstructions between the beams and the floor in the stage area. The high steel cannot be accessed for rigging.
The following equipment is available in the building:
- 12 one-ton chain hoists with all necessary rigging and control equipment
- Theatrical grid system to create a “black box”: 54’4” x 30’1 two-way traveler for main curtain (40’ proscenium opening)
4 one-way travelers for backdrops
6 pipes (4 aluminum, 2 steel) for electrics or scenery — NOTE: (these pipes cannot fly in and out.)
Masking, legs, borders, and side masking for theatricals
1 5000 lbs. 15’ Toyota forklift with extensions
1 6000 lbs. Harland tow tractor (airport tug)
1 5000 lbs. Northwestern tow tractor (airport tug)
THE FOLLOWING LIGHTING EQUIPMENT IS AVAILABLE IN THE BUILDING.
4 Strong Super Troupers – xenon
6 Clear – COM intercom stations with double muff headsets
DRESSING ROOMS / LOCKERS:
The Pan American Center has two medium size team dressing rooms, two small dressing rooms, one large dressing room /crew room, one production office, one promoter office, and one large hospitality / Catering room. The lobby to the dressing room area can also be used as a hospitality area.
All five dressing rooms have restroom facilities, showers, and access to telephones and high-speed Internet. The production and promoter offices do not have restroom facilities or showers, but they do have access to telephone service and high-speed Internet.
The catering/hospitality room (Barbara Hubbard Room) is located on the second floor directly above the dressing rooms and has a small kitchen adjoining it for food preparation.
NOTE: All dressing rooms are on the concourse level. The use of stairs or the elevator is required to reach the stage. View drawing
Parking for the trucks is on the south half of the east parking lot. This lot will accommodate 12 to 14 trucks.
Parking for the buses is on the southwest side of the building and will accommodate six to eight buses. (There is shore power for six buses.)
The Pan American Center has parking that will accommodate 3,500 other vehicles.
Tickets may be obtained through the Pan American Center Ticket Office and area Ticketmaster outlets.
The Pan Am Ticket Office utilizes the Ticketmaster Computerized ticket system. Call the Ticketmaster phone room Box Office in New Mexico at 1-575-532-2060 or 1-915-544-8444 in Texas to charge tickets. Tickets can also be ordered online at www.ticketmaster.com.
If desired, an allotment of hard tickets can be sold at White Sands Missile Range.
The Pan American Center Box Office hours are 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. The Ticket Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card. The Ticket Office phone number is 575-646-1420. Outlet hours may vary.
OTHER SERVICES & EQUIPMENT
- One temporary booth for T-shirt & Novelty sales. (Includes a telephone jack for credit card business.)
- Seven permanent food and drink concessions.
- Two permanent and four temporary beer and wine concession stands.
- Convention booth equipment provided in-house (Booth and electrical hookups).
- Audio/Visual/Lighting services provided in-house.
- Electronic and carpentry shops with technicians on call.